Holland | UPS Package is hiring

when you open up crouse or transcon, ill be the first to apply, how bout that? there aint a lot out there anymore, and you can make a good buck at Holland on the road. no DOUBT it should be better, specifically with the pension reform that was passed, we should be getting that money into something better than a flushing toilet, but please show me ALL the better jobs around the western ny area, where you can make 90k+ a year with decent health insurance.

LMFAO, so wtfteamster hasn't been there long enough to vote but he's gonna call means out about leaving. Well your thinking is the problem in some areas it's a good job, well sir people fought and walked picket lines for everything the yes men gave away all because it's still good job according to you. You get :::shit::: equipment, you get 25% pension at 09 rate and sir your paying for your health benefits. 15% of your check every week.Your paying a Lot more than fed ex, ccx, and others.

when you open up crouse or transcon, ill be the first to apply, how bout that? there aint a lot out there anymore, and you can make a good buck at Holland on the road. no DOUBT it should be better, specifically with the pension reform that was passed, we should be getting that money into something better than a flushing toilet, but please show me ALL the better jobs around the western ny area, where you can make 90k+ a year with decent health insurance.
so you made over $103,000 or $77,500? Because a lot of you are in denial and only quote your gross which of course is before the 15%. But hey whatever makes you feel your getting good deal. Either way you paid over over $13,000 for your health insurance. Jimmy Hoffa and James Welch thank you.

C'mon Pimp! Why didn't you stay and fight??? LOL!! Why didn't you stay with all the yes voters and FIGHT!! HAHAHA......Was that big Ups check,benefits,full pension and job security just too hard to resist??? LOL! Yeah....I couldn't resist either.....I guess we're just bad Teamsters...LoL!
I don't blame these guys for being salty.....I'd be angry to if I still had to work at Holland!

so because you have a bad case of sour grapes because of the state of union freight in 2015, no one should work there to make you feel better?

C'mon Pimp! Why didn't you stay and fight??? LOL!! Why didn't you stay with all the yes voters and FIGHT!! HAHAHA......Was that big Ups check,benefits,full pension and job security just too hard to resist??? LOL! Yeah....I couldn't resist either.....I guess we're just bad Teamsters...LoL!
I don't blame these guys for being salty.....I'd be angry to if I still had to work at Holland!

hey, I don't fault anyone for getting more, but like I said, ups parcel isn't hiring everywhere, and not all the guys that work here even got to vote. so the best you have to do is talk ::shit:: to everyone here now? fwiw, I wouldn't come here as a city guy, and I didn't come here 3 years ago because I got a better offer from US Foods buffalo. ::shit:: happens, and I screwed up my knee because of the job. wtf you think im going to do, go find a job that YOU approve of?

so you made over $103,000 or $77,500? Because a lot of you are in denial and only quote your gross which of course is before the 15%. But hey whatever makes you feel your getting good deal. Either way you paid over over $13,000 for your health insurance. Jimmy Hoffa and James Welch thank you.

Thats no big deal though....they'll get that 15% back next contract! And if they don't then you just see what happens!

Hey Hollandman this is the rhetoric that after 6yrs of fighting MOUs that I finally said time to go. Just makes me shake my dam head. They complain about the union but Hoffa is still in office and MOUs get turned down until the company throws empty threats. Then you hear guys quoting from the 2010 MOU, but the language they are quoting is out of the 2014 MOU which I always said there is your yes man don't know the sling back lingo is gone, the leave lingo gone or when company does something that is in mou you here "they said". Lol. Like I said I wish best for a lot of guys there but the ads kissing yes men they can go to hell. Lol.

I can agree to that, ptb, a LOT of these guys are so god damn illiterate its maddening. the only things "known" are the 5th hand rumors that turn out to be bs.....

Thats no big deal though....they'll get that 15% back next contract! And if they don't then you just see what happens!
No it'll all be good next year the profit sharing kicks in. Yrcw hasn't showed profit in 12yrs but next year gonna be payday. Even if they do show profit guys will get a check for maybe $1500.00 and they'll be thanking the company

profit sharing is a sham, they will just buy trucks and trailers with any profit they make, and poof, what profit, we need to buy equipment.

When I saw that the "yes" vote went 77% or 72% or whatever the hell it was, in favor of concessions, I knew that there was no fight left in the Teamster membership. So I knew that it was time to leave also.

Me too.....

Bad Teamster, Bad Teamster. :chairshot:

I can agree to that, ptb, a LOT of these guys are so god damn illiterate its maddening. the only things "known" are the 5th hand rumors that turn out to be bs.....
I broke down the Memo's for our employees (because I knew that they wouldn't bother to do it themselves.) I read the language to them, and explained how the language would backfire on us if we voted yes on it. Nobody would listen, and they voted yes anyway. And what I predicted came true. They had "gray area" language all over in it, and once a company knows that they've got the employees back peddling, the gray area always goes in the company's favor.
Lots of our guys would believe what our TM told them versus the language (on paper) that I would read to them.

Sorry goes out to you newer employees that aren't responsible for the yes vote, but for everyone else that voted yes, you are getting exactly what you deserve in my opinion.

Votes and elections have consequences.

I broke down the Memo's for our employees (because I knew that they wouldn't bother to do it themselves.) I read the language to them, and explained how the language would backfire on us if we voted yes on it. Nobody would listen, and they voted yes anyway. And what I predicted came true. They had "gray area" language all over in it, and once a company knows that they've got the employees back peddling, the gray area always goes in the company's favor.
Lots of our guys would believe what our TM told them versus the language (on paper) that I would read to them.

Sorry goes out to you newer employees that aren't responsible for the yes vote, but for everyone else that voted yes, you are getting exactly what you deserve in my opinion.

Votes and elections have consequences.
Hollandman73, myself and others did the same thing broke MOUs down explained to guys why they won't shut it down if we vote no, and everything that will happen if we vote yes. What's funny is there was more anger directed at us because everything we told them would happen pretty much did. I still Lmao thinking about how tough guys would talk after they'd vote no and then company would send the President or VP around and hold there it's serious meeting and 2 weeks later a yes vote. Like my accountant and lawyer friends told me what yrcw is doing is legalized stealing.

Crouse? Best twenty years I had in this industry!!!!!

I broke down the Memo's for our employees (because I knew that they wouldn't bother to do it themselves.) I read the language to them, and explained how the language would backfire on us if we voted yes on it. Nobody would listen, and they voted yes anyway.
Visionaries are frequently ostracized because they see things others don't. True visionaries make out better than the rest due to that fact. I believe you are in a better place than they are, though I don't get the feeling that it is as good as it could/would be if things went differently.

Crouse? Best twenty years I had in this industry!!!!!

I bet! I have friends that all miss trash can, crouse, lee way, alvan, preston etc. I don't know what to say, there is not a lot of good jobs left like there used to be. no doubt ups freight or parcel is better, but they aren't hiring in every area, and being a road driver at Holland is a high paying job, I don't here any nons making anything more than we do. yep, their cpm and hourly rate might be up there, but what does that matter when you get a night that's 398 miles with an hour on the clock? what are they going to do, greive it?