Holland | UPS Package is hiring

Say for the sake of argument you did get run around... Doubt it happens that often, why would they do it on purpose if it costs them money, but say they do, how much does it cost you? So what a "junior man" gets a run for one night that's 50 miles longer than you. How many hours out of your day did you spend obsessing over whether you got run around or were going to get run around? What do thy pay for a grievance? How long does it take to settle? How much of your life did you invest just to by God prove you were RIGHT!? Just work and get on with your life! For ****s sake we aren't in the second grade!
You get paid difference in miles. Company usually will agree with grievance without going thru local level meeting. If I'm correct they have to pay it within 14 business days. Or you on clock at hourly rate 8hrs a day til they pay it.

Say for the sake of argument you did get run around... Doubt it happens that often, why would they do it on purpose if it costs them money, but say they do, how much does it cost you? So what a "junior man" gets a run for one night that's 50 miles longer than you. How many hours out of your day did you spend obsessing over whether you got run around or were going to get run around? What do thy pay for a grievance? How long does it take to settle? How much of your life did you invest just to by God prove you were RIGHT!? Just work and get on with your life! For ****s sake we aren't in the second grade!
Seniority and work rules is all we got. Company agreed to rules they must follow by. They damn sure get your ass when you do something wrong or so they think. Hell I just got my job back 2 weeks ago for wrongful discharge.

And when its an entire nights work, so you get all miles, and under my supplement, 9 hours on top of the miles. Get why its worth it to check the sign in sheets and take 5 minutes to write a greivance? Last i knew, when you work for money, you are supposed to take whatever is owed to you. If you are so relaxed about greivances, i doubt ups would work well for you, imo.

Btw, 50 miles is still over 25 bux. It takes 5 min to write a greivance. If you worked at a union shop, would you really be afraid to write it, or are you just saying this from a non union perspective?

Seniority and work rules is all we got. Company agreed to rules they must follow by. They damn sure get your ass when you do something wrong or so they think. Hell I just got my job back 2 weeks ago for wrongful discharge.

The company should have some recourse if you screw up. They're the ones with all the skin in the game. They're supplying the customers, the equipment and the freight network for you to work. All you have to do is show up and work. What did they think you did?

And when its an entire nights work, so you get all miles, and under my supplement, 9 hours on top of the miles. Get why its worth it to check the sign in sheets and take 5 minutes to write a greivance? Last i knew, when you work for money, you are supposed to take whatever is owed to you. If you are so relaxed about greivances, i doubt ups would work well for you, imo.

Btw, 50 miles is still over 25 bux. It takes 5 min to write a greivance. If you worked at a union shop, would you really be afraid to write it, or are you just saying this from a non union perspective?

What right do you have for a longer run just because you've worked there longer? What if you dispatch and they have to call someone in later to cover an extra run that's longer than yours do they owe you money then? If so, no wonder YRC is going broke. Yes I know YRC has made some HORRIBLE decisions as of late on how to spend their money, I'm not denying that but they're getting bled to death by a set of rules that are stacked against them. I've had ******* bosses before that I wanted to see fail at every turn, but I've always wanted my company to be profitable. They're profitable, I don't have to worry about a job.

I can understand the need for protection from a hostile work environment, but this sounds asinine. The inmates run the asylum. Then **** and moan because they don't get more. It has nothing to do with fear, but the lengths you will go to make sure you "get what's yours" boggles my mind. I go in, do my job and go home. If someone gets a longer run than me, fine. Next day it might be me. When I ran solo I was doing 600 or more a day anyway, so how am I going to get more than that anyway?

The company should have some recourse if you screw up. They're the ones with all the skin in the game. They're supplying the customers, the equipment and the freight network for you to work. All you have to do is show up and work. What did they think you did?
I was discharged got job back proved company was wrong. Gonna leave it at that this is a message board

What right do you have for a longer run just because you've worked there longer? What if you dispatch and they have to call someone in later to cover an extra run that's longer than yours do they owe you money then? If so, no wonder YRC is going broke. Yes I know YRC has made some HORRIBLE decisions as of late on how to spend their money, I'm not denying that but they're getting bled to death by a set of rules that are stacked against them. I've had :censored: bosses before that I wanted to see fail at every turn, but I've always wanted my company to be profitable. They're profitable, I don't have to worry about a job.

I can understand the need for protection from a hostile work environment, but this sounds asinine. The inmates run the asylum. Then **** and moan because they don't get more. It has nothing to do with fear, but the lengths you will go to make sure you "get what's yours" boggles my mind. I go in, do my job and go home. If someone gets a longer run than me, fine. Next day it might be me. When I ran solo I was doing 600 or more a day anyway, so how am I going to get more than that anyway?
Yeah you wouldn't make it at UPS. They would royally **** you good. Dispatch rules In place to make fair across the board no good ole boy ::shit:: or management just not doing correctly. If OD makes an mistake or screws you just your lost. You guys have favoritism over there I used to run over back in 07 running wild into morristown dispatch holding loads for there buddies.

Yeah you wouldn't make it at UPS. They would royally :censored: you good. Dispatch rules In place to make fair across the board no good ole boy :::shit::: or management just not doing correctly. If OD makes an mistake or screws you just your lost. You guys have favoritism over there I used to run over back in 07 running wild into morristown dispatch holding loads for there buddies.

Wow I guess it sucks I work for such an underhanded backstabbing bunch of crooks!! I would come over to Holland if I could afford the cut in pay!

Wow I guess it sucks I work for such an underhanded backstabbing bunch of crooks!! I would come over to Holland if I could afford the cut in pay!
Never said OD was a bad company actually the best scab freight company out there. Just saying the good ole boys do exist on your road board. I never took a cut in pay look my post Conway board that I quoted you.

Its not a cut in pay when we have rules to control our work, and hourly pay that isnt less than minimum wage. You gave a flawed example above, as you once again dont understand how our system works. And then you gave some excuses as to why you should turn your back on what could be thousands of dollars.

Its not a cut in pay, that 15% just brings us down closer to the arse kisser OD level. Ive seen the numbers OD guys brag about, it would be a pay cut for a Holland road driver to go to OD, once he realizes how much pay he looses from layover,delay, breakdown, etc.

Its not a cut in pay when we have rules to control our work, and hourly pay that isnt less than minimum wage. You gave a flawed example above, as you once again dont understand how our system works. And then you gave some excuses as to why you should turn your back on what could be thousands of dollars.

Its not a cut in pay, that 15% just brings us down closer to the arse kisser OD level. Ive seen the numbers OD guys brag about, it would be a pay cut for a Holland road driver to go to OD, once he realizes how much pay he looses from layover,delay, breakdown, etc.

Ok I'm gonna lay it to you straight. As a solo driver I was running 2700-3000 a week average, at $.57/mile. I was delayed so little as to be unconcerned that I got paid anything for it, literally it happened that rarely, and in 2 years I have broken down twice, and road service was there within an hour both times, once for a blown tire and once for another minor repair that took about 10 minutes to fix. How much is your mileage rate minus the 15%? So what am I missing? You're all wrapped up in what could be and what might be. I'm concerned with hard facts. First year OD road men make 75-80k easily. By top out with a 600 mile/day schedule 95k+ is not hard to hit. And I kiss no man's ass. I'm too busy working.

Never said OD was a bad company actually the best scab freight company out there. Just saying the good ole boys do exist on your road board. I never took a cut in pay look my post Conway board that I quoted you.

Wow what a compliment. We're still scabs, but we're the best! Thanks for only looking down your nose slightly at us instead of a full-on sneer.

I can't prove if there any good ole boy snubs going on. I am running and have run plenty of miles. Even before I got on a team truck by the end of the week I had my fill of miles with few hours left to work. Hell I've got more hours left at the end of the week now running team than I did solo.

I wasn't talking about your cut in pay, if you want to convince yourself they aren't stealing from you because you never had it, who am I to judge. I was talking about me. I would be taking a cut in pay.

You would love your cut in pay though, as it sounds like you are too scared of your boss to ask for your money, and after all, these poor guys need all the help they can get, right?

Ok I'm gonna lay it to you straight. As a solo driver I was running 2700-3000 a week average, at $.57/mile. I was delayed so little as to be unconcerned that I got paid anything for it, literally it happened that rarely, and in 2 years I have broken down twice, and road service was there within an hour both times, once for a blown tire and once for another minor repair that took about 10 minutes to fix. How much is your mileage rate minus the 15%? So what am I missing? You're all wrapped up in what could be and what might be. I'm concerned with hard facts. First year OD road men make 75-80k easily. By top out with a 600 mile/day schedule 95k+ is not hard to hit. And I kiss no man's ass. I'm too busy working.

Im wrapped up in the fact that you dont get set minimums for certain things, and your hourly rate is 7.50. My hours at the end of the week are substantial, usually between 8-14. At a little bit less than 3 times what you make for switches, layover, delay on a work call, etc, it adds up faster than what you know. Im sure troubleman84 knows a lot of guys still making at or over 6 figures a year here. Its not hard to do.

Im wrapped up in the fact that you dont get set minimums for certain things, and your hourly rate is 7.50. My hours at the end of the week are substantial, usually between 8-14. At a little bit less than 3 times what you make for switches, layover, delay on a work call, etc, it adds up faster than what you know. Im sure troubleman84 knows a lot of guys still making at or over 6 figures a year here. Its not hard to do.

Dropping and hooking a full set pays $12. Takes about 15 minutes to hook and 15 to drop. That equals out to $24/hour. If you're taking longer than that on a 48 or a 53 you're milking the clock.