We need a union and we need it now!

Discussion in 'Saia' started by Rollcoal, Feb 27, 2016.

1. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

I am no longer employed by Saia and have since retired. I do not understand why these "ladies" come up here and cry and complain when all they have to do is MAKE THAT CALL, and their life WILL change. Then they will not have time to show up here crying, except for them crying about not having a job. Sheesh. Wouldn't it be easier to just QUIT?

runawaytrain and White like this.
  2. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

To bad Hoffa is to busy to come and get you guys signed up !!

3. Cab Lizzard

Cab Lizzard Well-Known Member

Could it be some that some SAIA employee still has a red ass over his conduct at OVNT that got him shown the door ?

4. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

It's a nickname for purchase transportation.

runawaytrain likes this.
  5. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

Yeah I hear ya. I only made like $92,000 last year. Probably gonna have to go on food stamps if my wages don't improve.

6. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

You should take some of that $92,000 and invest in reading comprehension classes.

troubleman84 likes this.
  7. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

If he did, what concern is it to you. He is not stopping YOU from calling the teamsters to meet you and organize. Just make sure you invite your TM. Wishing, hoping, and crying on here will never get you a union. Get up and do something....or drop it.

runawaytrain likes this.
  8. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

Just like these guys were shown the door at your beloved Teamsters. They were caught with their hands in the cookie jar and still you defend this corrupt organization .... I swear Cabby ... You would defend Satan if he was a member of the Local 666.

9. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Have a hot dog who needs better insurance...

What, like you spewed your :shit: on our forum? Did your guys that were cherry picked with no regard to seniority who were let go at your place have a smile on their face? I imagine their opinion would vary greatly from yours, or the ones victimized by your wonderful driver facing cameras with no representation as well. Hey be happy being non-union, just don't be surprised when it may bite you on your ass someday.

GO40 likes this.
  10. suicidejockey

suicidejockey Active Member

Every driver I talk to that is a teamster hates the union they say they are only in it because they are forced to join or be an outcast. I've never heard any of them speak positively about it.

11. runawaytrain

Maybe back in the old days they served a purpose SJ ... But not the 2016 Teamsters. They are sellouts that only care about getting re-elected. They stopped caring about the members years ago. The old timers know and will tell you about it. I visit with them everyday. And read their forums on TB everyday too.

Gargamel likes this.
  12. Gargamel

Gargamel Honesty without compassion

Kind of like when the teamsters pick and choose who they want to represent and who they don't? Like when shop stewards make backroom deals with the company giving up certain drivers to benefit other drivers? Don't come on here trying to play like favoritism doesn't happen in the teamsters when you know damn well it does.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    runawaytrain likes this.
  13. Gargamel

And sell naive individuals such as myself on days of old and have us do their dirty work, only to throw us under the bus. If anyone can learn from my lesson then it will be a victory

runawaytrain likes this.
  14. runawaytrain

Favoritism runs rampant with Stewards and BA's ..... Backroom deals are common place. After 40+ years in this business the things I have seen would blow your mind. If you become a liability to these guys they will kick your ass to the curb so fast your head will spin. Even in the late 70's before I started with Overnite and I worked for CF you had stewards playing golf with TM's .... I have letters I plan to redact and post when the time is right from the greatest LTL man that ever walked the face of the earth. May he RIP. This is far from over for me.

Gargamel likes this.
  15. GO40

GO40 Banned

I don't hate the union, just dislike the current leadership....

Dick Dastardly and troubleman84 like this.
  16. joes bar and grill

How's that app at SEFL? What do you think they'll do when they find out you were terminated at Fed Ex?

17. Gargamel

Are you trying to make a point here Joe?

18. runawaytrain

Did you ever say you were terminated by FedEx?

19. joes bar and grill

Just a question

20. bigtruk_us

bigtruk_us Well-Known Member

I have to interject something on your first sentence.Of which isn't a plausible explanation for not having a union.Yrc pay and Saia pay are like apples and oranges.Yes you get paid more than YRC but you could actually lose pay and by the way with having a union you could get even better pay and working conditions could improve..i.e.Forward driver facing cameras could be banned and unabated audio recording of drivers in their trucks without their knowledge of audio being turned...ok so go ahead and tell us more why you wouldn't want a union..Oh look it doesn't have to be Teansters.There machinist unions and others to embark on..

GO40, Cab Lizzard and Hoot Owl like this.