Yellow | XPO closes purchase of con-way layoffs begin

Freight has to go. I will put up your dispatch later this week so you can print it off TB.....

Don't forget I only work if I get a newer white tractor with satellite radio - Volvo or Cascadia, either one is OK although I prefer a Volvo.

mXon2H9.jpg

I can't go, I'm not done raking leaves.[/QUOTE Freight has to go. I will put up your dispatch later this week so you can print it off TB.....
Don't forget I only work if I get a newer white tractor with satellite radio - Volvo or Cascadia, either one is OK although I prefer a Volvo.

Hey kook. Wasn't Menlo started originally by CF also????
It was Consolidated was always thinking ten years a head.There a book about the history Cf and the title is Never stand still every Teamster brother and sister need to read it.The founder of Cf Leland James went to his men and ask them to join the Teamster you'll never see that today.

I understand your thoughts. However I think you are missing a crucial element. Those men and women driving for the companies that YRCF HIRES are not taking anyone's job. I am extremely skeptical that ANYONE not protected by the "red circle" is losing work to PTS. And anyone who is protected isn't losing any money. So who's jobs are the employees of ANOTHER company taking?

Back in the 80's when CF won P.T. they would exhaust the road board on Sunday evenings with Mini Runs. Putting us to bed in the system after we got our mini covered. They brokers would flood into the terminal and take all the long runs the dock had been building all weekend. All the relays sent their drivers out on Sunday evenings so they didn't have to pay for P.T. going over the top.

P.T. needs stripped from from the contract as soon as possilbe!

Did a little digging with some old RDWY guys yesterday. Brooks started in Ohio, and was a TM in Indy, until he left for other job.
That would be a change for Ex-Con as they used to bring in exec, white collar types, with little to no actually hands on experience, to fill top lvl mngmt positions. Thanks for doing the research.

So it's basically the exact same thing that this new guy is trying to do buying Conway, but he is just doing it on a way bigger scale?
From the conference calls I've listened to, Jacobs is anticipating another capacity shortage and thinks that owning a fleet of his own trucks will give him an advantage over the competition. Considering the sizable debt load XPO carries and what I believe, is a coming recession, I think it may take a little time for him to see his idea come to fruition.

I remember going to a customer just after CF closed. A CF driver was there delivering with an old ratted out GMC, they were still cleaning out the system. Two CCX drivers were there doing trailer swaps with new Sterlings I will never forget how they were snickering at this poor guy who knew he had only days left. From that point on I never had an ounce of love for that company.
I hope you run into the same drivers now and point you finger at them and ask them how it feels to have them old Consolidated shoes on your feet now.

From the conference calls I've listened to, Jacobs is anticipating another capacity shortage and thinks that owning a fleet of his own trucks will give him an advantage over the competition. Considering the sizable debt load XPO carries and what I believe, is a coming recession, I think it may take a little time for him to see his idea come to fruition.

They most likely, and hopefully will go bankrupt in any coming recession.

I like the fact that the 2 biggest scab supporters liked your post, LMFAO.

One of whom, always gives reasons why he deserves his Teamster pension, while now working non union. :lmao:

I hope you run into the same drivers now and point you finger at them and ask them how it feels to have them old Consolidated shoes on your feet now.
Maybe it was a nervous laugh cause they thought the cf driver was gonna kill them. Anyone ever considered something like that?

One of whom, always gives reasons why he deserves his Teamster pension, while now working non union. :lmao:
"scab" as defined by an employee either union or non union crossing a picket line or "scab" defined as any employee who does not belong to a union?

If you are referring to me, I'm a 40 yr. Teamster in good standing. I pay dues, receive my Magazine, vote and have never been fined for wrong doing.
I was a volunteer organizer for the Over-Nite Campaign as well.
What "scab", (your word not mine) have I supported ?

If you are referring to me, I'm a 40 yr. Teamster in good standing. I pay dues, receive my Magazine, vote and have never been fined for wrong doing.
I was a volunteer organizer for the Over-Nite Campaign as well.
What "scab", (your word not mine) have I supported ?

Your likes speak for themselves.