Yellow | XPO closes purchase of con-way layoffs begin

Sounds to me this guy has a very clear idea of what he is going to do with conway. Cleaning house of top heavy management and the "lean" group sounds like this guy has no patience for cronyism and will get rid of anyone not providing positive results for Xpo. Looks like impressive leadership to me. This guy has a vision for this company and I have a feeling will work out very well. Also Yrcf look out with them starting an economy freight service, I've seen Fedx already taking some of our business with theirs, and this guy sounds like he will be very aggressive after our business as well.
Economy means you work for less, the company makes more, good job boyz!

Well, as they say, every squirrel finds a nut sooner or later. Glad your content.
Go easy on that fire water.

Well I'm not the one who likes a post from XPO propagandist, that the CEO Jacobs idea will come to fruition in time. Considering this company and their track record at the LA port, how any Teamster could like that post on a YRCW thread is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever brother, I'm not the one on a yrcw thread who likes a post propagating the XPO idea's will come to fruition.

Well I'm not the one who likes a post from an XPO scab, propagating the CEO Jacobs idea will come to fruition in time. Considering this company and their track record at the LA port, how any Teamster could like that post on a YRCW thread is beyond me.
I liked the fact that he was telling us that Jacobs was laying out his plans for Conway, while acknowledging XPO's debt, which I had also mentioned previously. I realized he is a Con-way Employee. I'm sorry if I don't spew hatred at other posters from the other LTL's, it's not my nature.

I liked the fact that he was telling us that Jacobs was laying out his plans for Conway, while acknowledging XPO's debt, which I had also mentioned previously. I realized he is a Con-way Employee. I'm sorry if I don't spew hatred at other posters from the other LTL's, it's not my nature.

Right, that's why you liked his post on a YRCW thread. Thank God you didn't "spew hatred". Your like of the scab post made everyone realize that you are not one to spew hatred.

Right, that's why you liked his post on a YRCW thread. Thank God you didn't "spew hatred". Your like of the scab post made everyone realize that you are not one to spew hatred.
Well, I've never been banned,(twice in 1 night) just sayin.
I guess I'm just not as Hard Core as you are. Bravo !!

Well, I've never been banned,(twice in 1 night) just sayin.
I guess I'm just not as Hard Core as you are. Bravo !!

Deflect all you want, you liked a scab XPO post on a YRCW thread. KUDOS!!

From the conference calls I've listened to, Jacobs is anticipating another capacity shortage and thinks that owning a fleet of his own trucks will give him an advantage over the competition. Considering the sizable debt load XPO carries and what I believe, is a coming recession, I think it may take a little time for him to see his idea come to fruition.
Your boy has equipment and drivers. How they're utilized is yet to be seen. Pretty good preemptive strike, regardless of the economy. Check?

I hope you run into the same drivers now and point you finger at them and ask them how it feels to have them old Consolidated shoes on your feet now.
Lots of CF drivers at Con-Way, they are just trying to earn a living like you. In case you haven't noticed there are not many union options anymore and some of the union options are not very good. Depending on where you live there may be zero union options as well,

Well I'm not the one who likes a post from XPO propagandist, that the CEO Jacobs idea will come to fruition in time. Considering this company and their track record at the LA port, how any Teamster could like that post on a YRCW thread is beyond me.
Your hilariously. Like being a Teamster is anything special. You were able to get a union job and keep it so you get on your high horse and judges those who could not or chose not to. I am X-P.I.E and X-C.F and X-Con-Way Freight, and also X-Y.R.C. You like to throw that scab word around like you are living in the 70's and are some kind of tough guy. You don't even know what a scab is. Lots of drivers at Conway hate Conway but they do what they do because they have to take care of their families. I hated Conway too, for years then it got better for a while, then it started getting worse again and YRC had an add near me so I decided to make the switch. They hired me on at 90% because of my experience and they needed a driver. I would have not went there for 75% and a 3 year progression, so after a year I was at top pay and pretty happy, then my linehaul corridnador Frank out of 347 called me in his office and said some drivers from Holland filed a grievance because they hired on at 75% and found out I didn't. It deadlocked but YRC decided to cut my pay anyway 10% and put me back in the 3 year progression. Not even Conway would have done that. So my Union brothers filed a grievance and got my pay cut, who is the scab there? I filed one too and it deadlocked. What a joke, I looked around and I got on with old d. I got an immediate 11.5 cent a mile raise. All the teamsters said they can't cut my pay, well they did. They can do what ever they want. Just like Conway or any of them. The union rules.....of which I knew nothing about since I had been out of it and when I was in it I was p&d anyway and not road....caused YRC to lose a good driver who shows up every day and just wants to work...and they caused the local to lose a dues paying member....and YRC still have not replaced me because now they have to start someone at .39 I think..what a joke..so now if they can't cover the run I had the drivers get bed time...or CRST gets it..,and the Holland drivers are still in progression all they did was get my pay cut...good job!!! .the union is nothing special anymore it is just a pain in the ass with the work rules that cost both the company and the union itself. Everyone out here is just trying to survive. So get off your high horse. Oh and smile and wave the next time an Old D blows your doors off while you are in one of those 1.5 million mile Volvos that smell like cigarette smoke and has the seat leaning to the right, with your duct tape flapping in the wind...cause it might be me!

Maybe it was a nervous laugh cause they thought the cf driver was gonna kill them. Anyone ever considered something like that?
It's been 13 years and i 'd still love to stomp the living day lights out of most of them.If that been me on that dock that last day you can bet your last bottom dollar I'd let them know how sorry and a low down Scab they were too.

Lots of CF drivers at Con-Way, they are just trying to earn a living like you. In case you haven't noticed there are not many union options anymore and some of the union options are not very good. Depending on where you live there may be zero union options as well,
Were do you GET IN YOUR HEAD there Cf drivers there not Cf drivers and they never will be the real Cf drivers Die Sept 1 2002.

time to retire the term "Scab" , it's from back in the days when the union had power & was strong & had alot of union trucking companies , as now days pretty much just YRC & ABF left , and they are hanging on by a shoestring !! so everybody is just a plain really OLD truck driver now days just trying to survive , so no name calling needed any more , plus they are all at HIGHER PAY than us union boys now days !! signed just a plain old low paid truck driver :apologetic:

time to retire the term "Scab" , it's from back in the days when the union had power & was strong & had alot of union trucking companies , as now days pretty much just YRC & ABF left , and they are hanging on by a shoestring !! so everybody is just a plain really OLD truck driver now days just trying to survive , so no name calling needed any more , plus they are all at HIGHER PAY than us union boys now days !! signed just a plain old low paid truck driver :apologetic:
My team partner!!!! He tells it like it is !!!!!!!

And replace it with. .....POS?.....KK

Your hilariously. Like being a Teamster is anything special. You were able to get a union job and keep it so you get on your high horse and judges those who could not or chose not to. I am X-P.I.E and X-C.F and X-Con-Way Freight, and also X-Y.R.C. You like to throw that scab word around like you are living in the 70's and are some kind of tough guy. You don't even know what a scab is. Lots of drivers at Conway hate Conway but they do what they do because they have to take care of their families. I hated Conway too, for years then it got better for a while, then it started getting worse again and YRC had an add near me so I decided to make the switch. They hired me on at 90% because of my experience and they needed a driver. I would have not went there for 75% and a 3 year progression, so after a year I was at top pay and pretty happy, then my linehaul corridnador Frank out of 347 called me in his office and said some drivers from Holland filed a grievance because they hired on at 75% and found out I didn't. It deadlocked but YRC decided to cut my pay anyway 10% and put me back in the 3 year progression. Not even Conway would have done that. So my Union brothers filed a grievance and got my pay cut, who is the scab there? I filed one too and it deadlocked. What a joke, I looked around and I got on with old d. I got an immediate 11.5 cent a mile raise. All the teamsters said they can't cut my pay, well they did. They can do what ever they want. Just like Conway or any of them. The union rules.....of which I knew nothing about since I had been out of it and when I was in it I was p&d anyway and not road....caused YRC to lose a good driver who shows up every day and just wants to work...and they caused the local to lose a dues paying member....and YRC still have not replaced me because now they have to start someone at .39 I think..what a joke..so now if they can't cover the run I had the drivers get bed time...or CRST gets it..,and the Holland drivers are still in progression all they did was get my pay cut...good job!!! .the union is nothing special anymore it is just a pain in the ass with the work rules that cost both the company and the union itself. Everyone out here is just trying to survive. So get off your high horse. Oh and smile and wave the next time an Old D blows your doors off while you are in one of those 1.5 million mile Volvos that smell like cigarette smoke and has the seat leaning to the right, with your duct tape flapping in the wind...cause it might be me!

LMFAO, Your whole post says you are a scab. Poor baby ,good luck with OD...SCAB. It aint easy being a Teamster now days. You are a kitty cat.