ABF | ABF warns of major network changes if it can't lower labor costs and gain flexibility

July 18, 2002 there was a Liberal Republican in the White house. He increased the debt of the country 4 trillion dollars in 8 years. Owe-bama has increased the debt 6 trillion dollars in 4 years and said “THIS IS BUSHES FAULT”.

Why would anyone have any confidence in their earnings per share going up besides the Oil companies.

A vote to decrease wages will never pass, just like in May 2010. The company will decrease the discounts they give to customers a little and ABF will lose a few shipments here and there from the companies that keep shipping with ABF. There will be a few drivers laid off which is nothing new to Union LTL companies. Nothing for a senior driver in the top 25% of the seniority list to worry about. The rest may not get the bid that they wanted and the bottom bid drivers may be kicked back to the extra board but no big deal otherwise.

Don’t forget which terminals will be closing. The last three terminal managers at my terminal have been fired or resigned before being fired. I never met the one that resigned, he was there only a few months.

Here you have your last three posts that start with the first one about Obama...Bush...the national debt and the oil companies...then you go to wages...discounts and lay offs...now this one about terminal closings and terminal managers. What's your next one going to be about...the man in the moon?

Just what point are you trying to make besides making a total fool of yourself and me right along with you by playing along?

And the Winner of the Blind Date Contest is.....

1237811334_crying-in-the-audience.gif

Joe the plumber!!!!

Right back at ya...good buddy!
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny.
And no need for you to feel like you hurt Plunger Joe's feelings you didn't. He'll be right back for more in a short just like he did when we locked him in his gym locker.

Look everyone...Joe's learning Geography...he want's us to see that map he drew...lol

My...you know where alot of cities are!

You see all those terminals east of the Mississippi? Many are gonna go..with or without concessions. It will look like west of the Mississippi..and they'll make millions when the dust settles. No way in hell they need all those terminals. Yellow-Roadway had about 12 terminals total in the state of Conn. They have none now. They lease the one they work out of

You see all those terminals east of the Mississippi? Many are gonna go..with or without concessions. It will look like west of the Mississippi..and they'll make millions when the dust settles. No way in hell they need all those terminals. Yellow-Roadway had about 12 terminals total in the state of Conn. They have none now. They lease the one they work out of

What...now you are saying that ABF wants to model after YRC...just why in the world would they do that? Tell me Joe...just how profitable is YRC these days?

All this pissing back and forth. I just hope all companies keep as many people employed and stay healthy as possible. So many are wishing one would go under to put a little more money hopefully in their pockets. Most the postings on here is pathetic...

All this pissing back and forth. I just hope all companies keep as many people employed and stay healthy as possible. So many are wishing one would go under to put a little more money hopefully in their pockets. Most the postings on here is pathetic...

Tell me Skeeter...just what postings on here are pathetic!!!!!!!!

Pretty easy to read between the line most are just hoping the other company will go out. Not their's of course. Some of these guys ought to try encouraging each other hoping for the best for each company. That's what I'm talking about in general. Not a personal dig to any certain person...

The way I read your post is that you are implying that many over here on this forum are hoping for the demise of other companies...please...tell me that I'm wrong?

Pretty easy to read between the line most are just hoping the other company will go out. Not their's of course. Some of these guys ought to try encouraging each other hoping for the best for each company. That's what I'm talking about in general. Not a personal dig to any certain person...

You say not a personal dig...just most over here...right?

No this is just where I am reading at the time... If anything I think most nonunion companies wish the demise of the remaining union companies. I really hate to see union companies fighting each other...

If I was working for any trucking company I would hope & pray that ABF stays in business. ABF is setting the standard for wages & benefits for all others. Without us the rest of the industry will not have to maintain the current pay scale to attract & retain employees.

Yes, And most these companies actually think we are over paid. Is there any driver out there that has been driving 20 years or more tell me that the highway has gotten safer. Or the quality of drivers are better. Not just truck drivers but all drivers. We are in a very dangerous occupation. A occupation that should demand the highest respect and the best compensation pay package in the country. We should have better benefits and retirement than a government worker...

No this is just where I am reading at the time... If anything I think most nonunion companies wish the demise of the remaining union companies. I really hate to see union companies fighting each other...

Then...why don't you just stand up like a man...and reply to that specific poster instead of waiting...then replying in general...or is it that you fear confrontation that much. You do realize that we have trolls coming here that don't like ABF and ABF Teamsters just to stir things up...don't you? Do you think that everyone loves seeing union companies fighting each other? Now...if you don't like what someone said in a specific post...do something about it!

Yes, And most these companies actually think we are over paid. Is there any driver out there that has been driving 20 years or more tell me that the highway has gotten safer. Or the quality of drivers are better. Not just truck drivers but all drivers. We are in a very dangerous occupation. A occupation that should demand the highest respect and the best compensation pay package in the country. We should have better benefits and retirement than a government worker...

Like I said...if you think someone is being disrespectful...tell them...but don't come to this forum and accuse most of the posters on this ABF forum of hoping for the demise of other companies...state that most of our posts are pathetic and claim we are greedy. If you do that...then me and you got a problem...a big one!

How's that for the respect that you're looking for?

Like I said...if you think someone is being disrespectful...tell them...but don't come to this forum and accuse most of the posters on this ABF forum of hoping for the demise of other companies...state that most of our posts are pathetic and claim we are greedy. If you do that...then me and you got a problem...a big one!

How's that for the respect that you're looking for?

I can see by your response it would be a waste of time. Have a good life if you can...

I can see by your response it would be a waste of time. Have a good life if you can...

What's the matter Skeeter...you have a chance to get your point across...the problem is that you don't want to confront the actual posters about it...why?

Just name one post that led you think that...that poster wanted another company to close so it put a little more money hopefully in their pockets?