Yellow | Accelerated Service D.O.A.

That is a good mentality for road drivers. Purposely not do your job correctly to delay freight, and get paid to sit while waiting for fuel to be brought out.
OK jamie, so in 2019 your suggesting , you let the mou expire, strong 5yrs contract, if road drivers can (in break bulks) string and break their own sets, fuel their tractors, etc. Any thing else. No they are not unloading at satellites.

How does checking your fuel level before a trip eliminate the job of the person who fuels the trucks? Your logic is somewhat flawed.
No need to check
How does checking your fuel level before a trip eliminate the job of the person who fuels the trucks? Your logic is somewhat flawed.
You answered it yourself, we have a fuel person, no need to check the tank. If the truck runs out, someone didn't do their job.

No need to check

You answered it yourself, we have a fuel person, no need to check the tank. If the truck runs out, someone didn't do their job.
Do the driver needs to open the trailer to check and see if all the freight is on the trailer also. Dang, jamie going add that too in 2019.

Do you or your family members fly on a plane where the pilot doesn't conduct a proper pre-flight check because he assumes someone else did?
He does what federal regulation require him to do and he accepts the compensation for that pre trip. I don't know what that pre trip consists of or requires. I don't know his contract.

Do you or your family members fly on a plane where the pilot doesn't conduct a proper pre-flight check because he assumes someone else did?
I log half hour every trip for pre and post trip inspection, one hour a trip, six hours plus a week of uncompensated time. If you or anyone can provide me with what is all included in a road driver millage pay, the would put this topic to rest. Theirs a lot of information out on union billboards, but I haven't seen that document yet. I have asked for it and haven't received it yet. Good luck, and thanks in advance.

Obviously this fellow does not have a CDL or he would know what federal regulations are required by the holder of one. Ok. Back to mowing.

I log half hour every trip for pre and post trip inspection, one hour a trip, six hours plus a week of uncompensated time. If you or anyone can provide me with what is all included in a road driver millage pay, the would put this topic to rest. Theirs a lot of information out on union billboards, but I haven't seen that document yet. I have asked for it and haven't received it yet. Good luck, and thanks in advance.
By the way, minimum 6 hr per week @ $21.3775 = $128.267

Obviously this fellow does not have a CDL or he would know what federal regulations are required by the holder of one. Ok. Back to mowing.
The point is about uncompensated time, road driver has to log the time, makes driver at some point in elgibl for certain runs.

Thats one of the problems the trucking industry is facing today, you have educated/comprehending driver applying. Thoes old tricks don't work any more. Your required to have some form of a high school diploma. Do you think the top 35% of Yrc drivers have a high school diploma.

He does what federal regulation require him to do and he accepts the compensation for that pre trip. I don't know what that pre trip consists of or requires. I don't know his contract.

I don't know how long you've been driving but it seems like it isn't very long. Pilots get paid by the trip and that includes and incorporates normal non-flying time such as pre-trip checkout. That's part of the trip requirements. We as road drivers also get paid by the trip and that includes and incorporates normal pre and post trip time. Any unusual time is compensated as per our contract - i.e., shop time, etc. It's been this way as long as I can remember and I started doing this almost 50 years ago. If you don't like the way our road compensation is structured then maybe you should go back to P&D where you're on the clock for everything. Your choice.

Thats one of the problems the trucking industry is facing today, you have educated/comprehending driver applying. Thoes old tricks don't work any more. Your required to have some form of a high school diploma. Do you think the top 35% of Yrc drivers have a high school diploma.
YRC count them as automatic yes votes.

If you're logging/taking a half hour each for your pre and post trip inspections then you must be crawling around your unit on all fours with one leg in a cast.

What in heck is this post supposed to mean?

I don't think you can sit down as a group with management and talk in an intelligent, rational way. Management doesn't want to here that their wrong and we have a better way of solving a problem. We've had to file a grievance on our poor dock condition even though it's obvious to everyone including management how bad things are, management didn't want to hear anything about it and wasn't going to fix anything unless they were forced to.