TForce | Happiness At UPSF

First, in the intrests of full disclosure, I'm a Roadway p&d driver in New York City.

That said, here are some alternative explainations for why management is acting stupid:

(1) UPS may have told them, even with a union contract, that managment still has its prerogatives and that it might be a good idea to begin asserting those rights to command and run the company. Now if you give some guys the suggestion of an inch, they will take an actual mile. So you might have witnessed some managers misinterpreting and going overboard.

(2) If these managers are old Overnite managers they may be venting.

(3) Someone may have told them that their bonuses will suffer. (More Venting)

(4) Here's one that probably gives more credit than is due. They might have resoned that more compensation and benefits to the employees means more for them.

Anyway, just some food for thought.

Well to be honest it is not that impractical to think that, as a matter of fact it is probably the way to get the reighns a little tighter.:1036316054:

Well to be honest it is not that impractical to think that, as a matter of fact it is probably the way to get the reighns a little tighter.:1036316054:

And tightening the reigns they are!!!!! each day (literally) we are being bombarded with more and more tedious rules and additional little duties. All the while, our mgr and ops mgr seem to be showing up less and less. Who's actually doing who's job these days? it's getting old real quick. Must be why 90+ % of us signed cards between the two Sacramento terminals.

And tightening the reigns they are!!!!! each day (literally) we are being bombarded with more and more tedious rules and additional little duties. All the while, our mgr and ops mgr seem to be showing up less and less. Who's actually doing who's job these days? it's getting old real quick. Must be why 90+ % of us signed cards between the two Sacramento terminals.

The management will be replaced by the diad 5 system. It also gives hand jobs to regional managers, so the brass won't be upset.:biglaugh:

We were under the same pressure for a while, the funny thing is in the city a good portion of us was motivated allready, so thier was not much work to accomplish in getting the majority of us aggrivated and sighn cards , particularly, when the TM about 1 and 1\2 yrs ago, reads a message on the dock to the majority of city drivers from the regional president stating we should not go union, because we have enough lazy drivers now. I thought, well it sounds to me they want us to go union and that is when we did. Thought it was rather funny, otherwise there was never talk about it.

...guy`s can you post a link for the entire Indy contract..I`ve seen bits of it but not it`s entirety....401k match,vacation differential,dues, means over $10,000 reduction in my wages...I don`t see the clock time,difference in mileage pay increases making up this difference....all this pie in the sky rhetoric doesn`t impress me...I look at the bottom line..and so far ...no but h@lll no..

...guy`s can you post a link for the entire Indy contract..I`ve seen bits of it but not it`s entirety....401k match,vacation differential,dues, means over $10,000 reduction in my wages...I don`t see the clock time,difference in mileage pay increases making up this difference....all this pie in the sky rhetoric doesn`t impress me...I look at the bottom line..and so far ...no but h@lll no..

There is no pie in the sky, and hello by the way and welcome to the boards, I am sure someone will be along shortly and send something, it was online through the IBT but for some reason it was taken down. Here is a link where the dicussion is taking place.

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/ups-freight/30864-rumors-rumors-rumors-new-post.html

Good luck in your venture.:smilie_132:

welcome to the boards..Do the math man, and talk to some Indy drivers. We had a meeting in Gaffney on Sunday and I as well as some other Charlotte drivers went to ask an Indy guy they flew out there some questions. Yeah we lose our 401k match, but we gain in every other way. We save in insurance especially over the life of the contract. Time in a half after 8 and garaunteed 40 means they cant work you 14 one day then 2 the next and you get paid no overtime. You will get overtime and if you don't you'll be home early. We have got to start putting a value on being home. Delay pay for road drivers is another big win.. But the absolute biggest thing you gain with this FIRST contract is respect through the grievance procedure. The extra money you will save from insurance and gain from 1 1/2 after 8 will enable you to match what UPS was matching with your 401k and still have money and protection left over....

welcome to the boards..Do the math man, and talk to some Indy drivers. We had a meeting in Gaffney on Sunday and I as well as some other Charlotte drivers went to ask an Indy guy they flew out there some questions. Yeah we lose our 401k match, but we gain in every other way. We save in insurance especially over the life of the contract. Time in a half after 8 and garaunteed 40 means they cant work you 14 one day then 2 the next and you get paid no overtime. You will get overtime and if you don't you'll be home early. We have got to start putting a value on being home. Delay pay for road drivers is another big win.. But the absolute biggest thing you gain with this FIRST contract is respect through the grievance procedure. The extra money you will save from insurance and gain from 1 1/2 after 8 will enable you to match what UPS was matching with your 401k and still have money and protection left over....

Who is this we? Most people will break even, some will gain, others will lose.

We save on ins. cost? currently The cost of ins. is different in each state. In the contract it is not It is the same for everyone. $50, $100 and $150

Renegade the best advise I can give you is,

1. Don't trust anyones math, do it yourself

2. Don't beleive anyone who tells you what you are gonna get in the contract becuase only 1 terminal has a contract (indy) and all other terminals will have a different one (which could be identical to indie's)

3. 100% of the people here only can talk about what they think will happen in there contract and base that on what the indy contract says.

good luck, stick around, make some posts

I would say it is a safe bet that Overnite would not have kept both a pension and a 401k match. I suspect they were on their way to freezing the pension plan on a certain date, and providing the 401k match only. New hires after that date would only be eligible for the match. Just my evaluation. Elvis out...

The letter sent out said non-union employees keep the 401k match.

There are no guarantees on either side contract or no contract.

I would say it is a safe bet that Overnite would not have kept both a pension and a 401k match. I suspect they were on their way to freezing the pension plan on a certain date, and providing the 401k match only. New hires after that date would only be eligible for the match. Just my evaluation. Elvis out...

Elvis, it seems to be the wave, but do not tell Overnite, we are all wrong, we are all stupid, and he is the best thing scince sliced bread. Keep your wrongness under your breath please, thank you.

The Mgnt.:chairshot:

your the one that said you were gonna save $12,000 a year under the contract. And that is not true.

Yes I will, it's pretty hard to argue my point when you only pay $7.00 dollars a week in insurance you said it yourself. and I am sure you will argue that.. You continually argue points that most have allready agreed on, my question is why? We can see it and you cannot, is the love bugs that thick in florida today?

there is no way your gonna gain $12,000 a year

Okay we will recalculate, $7320 a year in savings, and no I do not get the overtime because MGNT has decided to start the new guy's in the AM eliminating our OT, at the top end, senior guy's are going home before junior guy's, some senior guy's are working less then 40 HRS. a week and most juniors are putting in 10-12 hr. days.

I do get after 8 per week a total of five hours to be exact but I am out the door before 40 on friday. this is where the OT after 8 is implemented in my scheme of things, under a contract.

The twelve thousand I referred was not minus the dues and the 401 , which does increase per year, I agree, but I am looking at fixed rates for this. now in comparison to after. The total savings is now $7320.00 per year, my mistake, but look, I can still subtract twice the amount of the 401 and still make 3000 +\- per year xtra.

We were under the same pressure for a while, the funny thing is in the city a good portion of us was motivated allready, so thier was not much work to accomplish in getting the majority of us aggrivated and sighn cards , particularly, when the TM about 1 and 1\2 yrs ago, reads a message on the dock to the majority of city drivers from the regional president stating we should not go union, because we have enough lazy drivers now. I thought, well it sounds to me they want us to go union and that is when we did. Thought it was rather funny, otherwise there was never talk about it.

I still have to laugh to myself when I hear a lot of crud being spread by some people on here!:hysterical: When I 1st came on the boards I wasn't anti nor pro union. I was pro good contract and anti Indy. You all called me a :butt kiss: and whatnot but what I never mentioned is that while we were Overnite I sat our picket line for 1 YEAR!!! How many of you can claim the same??? I've always said it's whoever treats you the best and offers you a somewhat brighter future. With the direction we're heading it seems the union is the most logical choice. My point is that whether someone is currently for or against the union/company why fight about it? the numbers are there.....the company IS GOING TO BE UNION. IT'S A FACT!!!! now all we can do is try to help guide the contract as best we can. Why does everyone keep figting over whether it's a good or bad thing to unionize?? That ship has already sailed and it's time to move on.