XPO | I have a question for the pro conway union drivers

I suppose you must be talking about Bush, Reagan and so on. I know, I know, Everything that is wrong with this current administration is Bush's fault. obummer has made that clear many times. Do you really think that the current administration is doing a good job? I would like an answer to that from anyone. I hope and pray that we get another Reagan some day.

I am not at all pleased with what our elected representatives have done to this country that goes all the way back to include Ronny Ray-gun. This bunch we have on the hill now should all be ashamed of themselves. Left, right, and in the middle.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

How many millions has this company spent on putting E-Tracks in all of the trailers?How about the cameras in the trucks?What about the hand helds,there are new ones waiting to go out the first of the year.How about the skirts on the bottom of the trailers?how much are they spending on this LEAN garbage?How much money are they saving with sub-service,dock workers part or full time?How much money did they rake in when they took one weeks vacation from every employee,not to mention the 401k match?How about out sorceing the billing now and replacing csr's?Con-Way seems to have money for everything,but the drivers that make it!Not to be rude,but WAKE UP!Why did they give bigger raises to Chicago land and Detroit?Looks to me like they should have included Laredo.LOL

My opinion is this....Drivers wanting too much for free and Management wanting the very same thing. That is a general answer though. I am pretty sure I was allowed to answer......If not, my apologies.
How about what was promised. integrity, I seen that somewhere.

How many millions has this company spent on putting E-Tracks in all of the trailers?How about the cameras in the trucks?What about the hand helds,there are new ones waiting to go out the first of the year.How about the skirts on the bottom of the trailers?how much are they spending on this LEAN garbage?How much money are they saving with sub-service,dock workers part or full time?How much money did they rake in when they took one weeks vacation from every employee,not to mention the 401k match?How about out sorceing the billing now and replacing csr's?Con-Way seems to have money for everything,but the drivers that make it!Not to be rude,but WAKE UP!Why did they give bigger raises to Chicago land and Detroit?Looks to me like they should have included Laredo.LOL

Add to this- the money they are saving with these freight dummy FMT's that are telling professional LTL drivers like myself (20years) how to do my job and you have my list exactly-
This company use to preach to us weekly and sometimes DAILY on how much we (as drivers) were the single most important asset they had. Those attitudes and mindsets went away with the numbers games and micromanagement. "You can and will be replaced for a lot less money" Is the new motto.
Sign a card and give them a reality check! Those fatcats counting numbers come and go, As drivers we need to stand UNITED!

I think they took more than one week of vacation from us.

Im Catholic and dont donate to D.R.I.V.E. because Im not donating to people who legislate prochoice or pro gay marrisge stuff. Im not into it. D.R.I.V.E. is our PAC money. I support IBT labor issues through emails and phone calls that the IBT makes us aware of. The IBT has gone against Obama on the Korean and TPP trade deals.

So if I want to talk politics, I can't do it hear? I think they have a union forum too but I don't see anyone telling you to go there.

My biggest issues with the union is that they back bad candidates. I got the obama pill shoved down my throat and I am not happy about that. The union backed him. That my friend is my biggest issue with the union. I have said many time before that if the union were to be neutral and not get into the politics game, there would be a lot more people for them. I don't like that turd sandwich I have been served and the union backs the maker of turd sandwiches. A lot of politicians lately are rotten to the core and guess what, the union backed them. What does that say about union management? Can they be trusted? I am just saying that if you don't want to smell like crap, don't lay in a corral.

I know I am going to catch grief about this but, this is how I feel and I have a right to my opinion.

The company hasn't spent nearly as much as the aforementioned stuff as it spends on paying it's labor force.

The company hasn't spent nearly as much as the aforementioned stuff as it spends on paying it's labor force.

So your an advocate for all the jobs cuts and stolen wages, stolen vacation, and smoke and mirrors games they play ----as long as the total amount of paid wages is more than the bucket of horse crap and lies they continue to drum up. Come on .... Even a fool can see that this company is on a roll with this crap and it won't stop until WE say we have had enough.
With a goal of 160 million profit, are you one of those people that really believes the lie that we LOST 20 million when we only hit 140 million profit. EVEN with all the new spending every year?!?!?

Did they not steal the number of vacation weeks you would have earned your future last year here? Seems there was some confusion earlier in this thread.
Since I no longer have much of a pension, I plan to "retire" in January 2039 when I am 80 years old. I think they "give" 10 weeks of vacation at 46 years of service but I don't get it all unless I work the whole year.....Which I will because I don't have a pension.....or vacation as that ALL will have been taken back by then. And we will complain because some of us will remember when we had vacations and seniority and we didn't have to buy our own towmotors and diesel fuel. Yeah - those were the good ol' days.

So......what were we talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Why don't you call G.O.and tell them YOU make too much money and will take a cut in pay,because labor cost to much for them.If they would have given cost of livtng raises all along you would be making more than $30 an hour,but your worried about cost of labor! (

Benefits & working conditions are much better than a hike in pay.
A raies in pay gets you to pay more federal taxes,on the gross.
It also spikes the cost of all of the goods that have to be trucked,in that the freight rates have to go up to accommodate the higher wages.

CCX, CSX, CWX, CEX.....All originally spun off from Consolidated Freightways (a union company). Also, the Freightliner (Tractors) name brand was started by Consolidated Freightways.
Consolidated Freightways was the the No. 1 carrier for several years. Before the demise of CF, freight was deverted to Con-Way, thats how they accumulated customers, so fast, and in a short amount of time. If it were not for CF, there would not be Con-Way. It's ironic for Con-Way, also to use the acronym, that is associated with Consolidated Freightways.
As for the demise of so many union carriers, it is attributed to the fact that the turn over rate for these drivers at union companies is very low. That is why it's more expensive to operate these companies. At non-union companies the turn over rate is much more, therefore less pay, less benefits, less vacation time, less overtime pay. And they could fire at will or simply lay-off, without justification. The turn over rate at union companies is so low that some seniority list are 10+ years and growing.

I have been with Conway 21 years. We never chased cf's freight. The downfall of a lot of the union carriers was the 1994 strike. It may not have been apparent to them at the time. Many just never recovered from the loss of revenue and customer base. This was also the biggest growth booster for CCX As well as many other non union LTL companies. In 1994 we were a 21 state regional carrier. We didn't go nation wide for many years after. As to the statement that CCX became so big at the cost of CF I believe your wrong. The parent corp spun CF off DEBT FREE and they folded in six months. I believe this indicates how hard it is to be successful under the master freight agreement. Until recently I've never seen this high turnover that you spoke of. I can say our local list will not have any movement in the top 15 for the next ten years

I have been with Conway 21 years. We never chased cf's freight. The downfall of a lot of the union carriers was the 1994 strike. It may not have been apparent to them at the time. Many just never recovered from the loss of revenue and customer base. This was also the biggest growth booster for CCX As well as many other non union LTL companies. In 1994 we were a 21 state regional carrier. We didn't go nation wide for many years after. As to the statement that CCX became so big at the cost of CF I believe your wrong. The parent corp spun CF off DEBT FREE and they folded in six months. I believe this indicates how hard it is to be successful under the master freight agreement. Until recently I've never seen this high turnover that you spoke of. I can say our local list will not have any movement in the top 15 for the next ten years

CNF assumed MOST of Motor Freights debt, not all. Motor Freight closed SIX YEARS later.

Im Catholic and dont donate to D.R.I.V.E. because Im not donating to people who legislate prochoice or pro gay marrisge stuff. Im not into it. D.R.I.V.E. is our PAC money. I support IBT labor issues through emails and phone calls that the IBT makes us aware of. The IBT has gone against Obama on the Korean and TPP trade deals.[/
I don't do the drive thing either, don't always agree with some choices!