R&L | Our jobs out the window!!!!!!!!!

I spoke with the V.P. of Ops, I was told that these Flex drivers will be used just like the other lease drivers we have been using. The will also help out on allowing us the flexibility to get time off when we want. I was also told that the daily vacation days should be available in the next couple of weeks and that this would help with allowing that time off. I feel better after speaking with him. I also watched a video on this.

i agree with slingblade..those that worry probably worry for a reason. i called wilmington myself and understand the concept...the goal is not to let r+l drivers go, but to allow more flexibility in areas where we have inbalances. bottom line i feel is if we continue to do our job the family will remain loyal

That may sound all well and good but at my terminal we have 3 open runs and at full rate were getting no applications now at the reduced rate what do you think is going to happen. I've been forced to take a major cut in pay($250 this week) to work city while a LEASE DRIVER has been doing my run. Now you can tell me what they are saying but i can tell you what they are doing. :chairshot:

That may sound all well and good but at my terminal we have 3 open runs and at full rate were getting no applications now at the reduced rate what do you think is going to happen. I've been forced to take a major cut in pay($250 this week) to work city while a LEASE DRIVER has been doing my run. Now you can tell me what they are saying but i can tell you what they are doing. :chairshot:
This is a good example of what can happen!!!!!!!! I can deal with all the past B.S. and lies from WIL but if they cut into my pocket then we're going to have trouble.......OOOOPPPPPSSSS I forgot they don't owe me anything!!!!:biglaugh::hysterical:

They put out on the sign NOW HIRE DRIVERS 16.20 HR.were are they going to find people to work for that the cost of liven is up gas don't get me started on that.How is anyone going to make a good living on that kind of pay.

Like I said before, I have no problem with these guys coming on to work in what is to be their new truckload division.

The part that doesn't pass the smell test with me is the bit about no new hires under the R+L name, and these guys working as flex drivers to fill a linehaul or city run at a moments notice. I'm sorry, but that's just little bit too convenient to not stink to high heaven.
Yeah i'm smelling it too!!!!:biglaugh: I don't like it one bit..:chairshot:

Must be something to it. I just started here 2 weeks ago as a linehaul driver, and have only worked 5 days out of 10.

I spoke with the V.P. of Ops, I was told that these Flex drivers will be used just like the other lease drivers we have been using. The will also help out on allowing us the flexibility to get time off when we want. I was also told that the daily vacation days should be available in the next couple of weeks and that this would help with allowing that time off. I feel better after speaking with him. I also watched a video on this.

I did the samething but I didn,t get the vp it was someone else at WIL but he did have an answer for all my questions and now that they have been answered I do feel better about me keeping my job unless I mess up I should be there for along while God willing.

I did the samething but I didn,t get the vp it was someone else at WIL but he did have an answer for all my questions and now that they have been answered I do feel better about me keeping my job unless I mess up I should be there for along while God willing.
I'm glad someone can trust them..... Hope your right!!!

You guys know what to do. Teamster Elvis out...

Ya vote union and the sameday go on down to the unemployment office and get signed up. Haha no thanks I think I,ll keep my job and my money not having to pay union dues to someone that doesn,t have a care in the world if R&L stays open are not just as long as they get there money.

It'll never work..... They have trouble finding qualified drivers as it is..... Unless they lower the standards and hire low rent drivers!!!!!

It gets better they said that they are not going to lower th R/L standart.Look at what we get to deal with guys who can't do more then 8 stops,and make all the R/L drivers run there a#$ off.Well lets see what is going to happen.

Ya vote union and the sameday go on down to the unemployment office and get signed up. Haha no thanks I think I,ll keep my job and my money not having to pay union dues to someone that doesn,t have a care in the world if R&L stays open are not just as long as they get there money.

Sounds like the owner of your company is guilty of gluttony, not the Teamsters. Everything is good as long as Roberts get their money, right? Let me ask you a serious question. Why would the Teamsters bother to organize R&L, negotiate a contract for you guys, and then care less if you stay in business? Really. Does that make sense to you? If the company is out of business, the members can't pay dues. Nobody is a winner.It is in the Teamsters' best interest that your company makes money and prospers. Teamster Elvis out....

one possibility

:duh::shock::shock::shock:let me run this by u.last year kroger grocery co. contracted with a driver,truck leasing co. called transservice to provide extra drivers and equipment. wasnt long until the teamster,yes i said teamster drivers ;were told they no longer had a job. they were welcome to reapply to the leasing co. and work at their payrate, about 8.00 an hour less. sound famaliar. maybe not now, but wait a year or so.if the union let this happen, what hope do we have. not being pessimistic, just showing one possible path on this plan.my other question is if a driver, say city or team wants to transfer to linehaul,will ne have a job, or will all the extra work be leased drivers?hmm

:duh::shock::shock::shock:let me run this by u.last year kroger grocery co. contracted with a driver,truck leasing co. called transservice to provide extra drivers and equipment. wasnt long until the teamster,yes i said teamster drivers ;were told they no longer had a job. they were welcome to reapply to the leasing co. and work at their payrate, about 8.00 an hour less. sound famaliar. maybe not now, but wait a year or so.if the union let this happen, what hope do we have. not being pessimistic, just showing one possible path on this plan.my other question is if a driver, say city or team wants to transfer to linehaul,will ne have a job, or will all the extra work be leased drivers?hmm

Good post just woundering thats what I,ve been tring to say we,ll be the ones taking all the risk and in the end we,ll be the one,s to lose and the union will only be able to say well good try, thought we had them, and someone else will be driving our trucks.

Sounds like the owner of your company is guilty of gluttony, not the Teamsters. Everything is good as long as Roberts get their money, right? Let me ask you a serious question. Why would the Teamsters bother to organize R&L, negotiate a contract for you guys, and then care less if you stay in business? Really. Does that make sense to you? If the company is out of business, the members can't pay dues. Nobody is a winner.It is in the Teamsters' best interest that your company makes money and prospers. Teamster Elvis out....

Gluttony no, a smart business man yes, and I think to smart of a business man to let the union come in and take over his company that he bulit from the ground up.