Estes | rumor thread

I heard they did move. I didn't know until a few days ago. I guess that's a good thing. 029 is out of my jurisdiction

They moved into an old Roadway term. off of washington av. forget how many doors,much more room,Im still waiting to hear if Im extrab out of there.

Anyone hear of Marrietta combining with Atlanta. I've been hearing drivers talk about it. Marietta has some :shit:ty runs. I'm sure they would be thrilled with the idea. Atl, not so much

Why? They would have to enlarge ATL to be twice it's size....Merrietta picks up a lot of freight..Wonder if RCH has something up their sleeve..Hmmmm..

Why? They would have to enlarge ATL to be twice it's size....Merrietta picks up a lot of freight..Wonder if RCH has something up their sleeve..Hmmmm..

Don't know but I think theirs some vacant terminals in the area. May as well join forces with the Bulldawg terminal while they are playing monopoly. ... again; all of this is just hearsay. Might just be some 054 guys yanking chains

Don't know but I think theirs some vacant terminals in the area. May as well join forces with the Bulldawg terminal while they are playing monopoly. ... again; all of this is just hearsay. Might just be some 054 guys yanking chains

It could work...With a larger terminal...I wouldn't want the Merrietta peddle run though..Could you imagine the pain in the ass it would be...Geez....

Its all a pain. That's why many drivers peddling for 10 years are jumping to the road.

Heard some new changes were coming in the way they jerk drivers around with the job classification thing

What are they gonna do? I hope there's no messin around with my extraboard spot.
My brown nosing friend was saying things are going to be aimed more towards senority instead of classification soon. Just a rumor for now but he talks to some of the brass everyday. I don't think it will interfear with your extraboard spot much but it will help the ones that get bent over everyweek to be treated like everybody else based on their senority. That's the way I understood it.

My brown nosing friend was saying things are going to be aimed more towards senority instead of classification soon. Just a rumor for now but he talks to some of the brass everyday. I don't think it will interfear with your extraboard spot much but it will help the ones that get bent over everyweek to be treated like everybody else based on their senority. That's the way I understood it.

Senority needs to rule..It's the fair way to do things..We are the only ones,that I know of,that doesn't use it to get things done...The stone age way of thinking needs to go..I had a Regional Manager tell me a few years back that "This isn't the good 'ol boy trucking company anymore"...Well, how far from the truth is that....

Heard some new changes were coming in the way they jerk drivers around with the job classification thing

It would be about time, but they should have done that a long time ago like when they decided to change all our linehaul runs into hub runs, and all the rest of the changing they did.
Maybe then we would have some good guys still here, but hey talked to a good one last week and he is happy to be working for someone else now, all the WONDERING WHAT BIG E WILL DO NEXT drove him nuts!!
But hey after being here for 10 years now I enjoy seeing the guy that has been here going on just over 2 years on Saturday mornings and hear him complain about his 540 a mile night run that he has on the HUB. Love to see what he would think if everything went by seniority, like every other company does.
Road board City board, would be fair to everyone!!!
I hope they change this Class thing soon, been looking for other work but hey when you got kids and a wife and dogs, gotta make sure a move will be worth it.

good luck when they force you to work city because a city guy with more time wants your run.

Well if it came to that it would'nt be half bad, I've been here long enough to where I would probably have a 9 am start anyway, but I was talking on the lines of the Road side of things, that is where we got screwed.
A new system where you could bid on a LINEHAUL RUN, HUB RUN, UTILITY RUN, EXTRA BOARD RUN, and it being by time of service an all time spent in each.
I have done all 4 at one time or another.
By the way they could still pay different for each category I'm sure they can figure that one out.

Who is reponsible for collecting all the time you spent in those 4. Would it not be easier to just go by time you have been at this company?

I just think for now I will just keep looking for other work, tired and wore out myself from wondering what is next.

Not to mention it hurts them because Drivers know Drivers and when a guy heres how E does things, he is not gonna come to work here first!!

The operational changes the last 3 to 4 years was not easy to figure out what to do.

unhappy employees do a lot of damage to the quipment, they are prone to steal, ride the clock and won't work very hard.

Turning trucks up (speed)?? Just heard some drivers saying they were going to turn them up to get back some of the mandatory 1/2 hour strip club break on each end with the new HOS rule.

Turning trucks up (speed)?? Just heard some drivers saying they were going to turn them up to get back some of the mandatory 1/2 hour strip club break on each end with the new HOS rule.

Oh great, that's all us Fedexer's need, We get blown off the road now every time one of you guy's blow by us.:LMAO::1036316054: