XPO | The truth about whats happening at XCO !!!!!!

Why should the board members be paid first? They have lost nothing ,go and look at the stock price. we the workers at con-way have lost a lot of money for no reason. And as far as other companies i don't work for them i work for con-way. Look at fed-x or ups freight are 2 biggest competiors they stole nothing form their workers.

which board member got paid what before who?

check Dr. Kennedy's bio. 2 years ago his income from our company was way down due to the company's financial situation.

How would you build an incentive program for your board of directors? If a company succeeds, makes money, and the stock value increases, isn't that in itself the right way to attract the best minds to your board of directors?

every successful company has made changes to their operating system in reaction to the economic challenges of recent years. They call it change, you call it stealing.

:stirthepot:You must be the ouiter it takes a man to keep fighting i think you should probley be the one to quit you know what they do to ouiters in the army im sure you are a yes man

:stirthepot:You must be the ouiter it takes a man to keep fighting i think you should probley be the one to quit you know what they do to ouiters in the army im sure you are a yes man

you are definitely not the Shell Answer Man... simple questions

oh, just one more there Sparky... what's an "ouiter"

We had another meeting with the teamsters today. We are collecting signatures for a vote. We did discuss the need to have other terminals join us so that Conway will not be able to route freight around us. We are going to try to make this happen. We are still 100% committed to this process. The sooner we can get other terminals on board, the sooner and easier it will be to schedule a vote. Allot of guys will sign cards if they know other terminals are involved.

the teamsters have been contacted in my area and expect a meeting in a week or two

What area of the country are you in? Just a state is fine if you want to remain secret...... I am just curious.

We think we will have enough signatures for a vote. We're still collecting. Most guys are holding back hoping another terminal will go with us. Have your local make contact with ours (413). That keeps you anonymous. Our local knows how to contact us.

I think you guys are making a big mistake. I do not think that pitting yourselves against management is a good idea, especially in today's tight job market. I happen to think that part of the reason our company has been able to survive and even profit in the current recession is because they have been able to make necessary changes to the operation without having to be bound by the terms in a union contract. There are LTL's out there which already have the Teamsters representing their drivers, rather than try to change Con-way, why don't those of you who want to organize save yourselves the trouble and attempt to get a job with a union LTL?

I think the Teamsters represent a significant threat to the way the company conducts it's business going forward and I fear that if you and others get your way, that my future with this company may be adversely affected, not to mention other employees who agree with me.

Why can't you guys just leave well enough alone and wait for the economy to come around again? The company has enough faith in your ability to safely operate their equipment on dangerous highways day in and day out, perhaps you could have a little faith in the company to deliver on their promises in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you guys are making a big mistake. I do not think that pitting yourselves against management is a good idea, especially in today's tight job market. I happen to think that part of the reason our company has been able to survive and even profit in the current recession is because they have been able to make necessary changes to the operation without having to be bound by the terms in a union contract. There are LTL's out there which already have the Teamsters representing their drivers, rather than try to change Con-way, why don't those of you who want to organize save yourselves the trouble and attempt to get a job with a union LTL?

I think the Teamsters represent a significant threat to the way the company conducts it's business going forward and I fear that if you and others get your way, that my future with this company may be adversely affected, not to mention other employees who agree with me.

Why can't you guys just leave well enough alone and wait for the economy to come around again? The company has enough faith in your ability to safely operate their equipment on dangerous highways day in and day out, perhaps you could have a little faith in the company to deliver on their promises in the future.

dont take this personally, but....you might want to change your avatar.....just a thought.

Now THAT's funny!
It won't be long and we will expect Iamanadiot's...or whatever his name is to brilliantly shine and blind us with his clearly superior intellect on a daily basis.

I think the teamsters represent a signigant threat to the way this company operates in the future as well. The folks running the show will have to think twice before they bend us over a barrel again. What promoses should we wait for the company to deliver on in the futere??? Our 401k is just about the only carrot they have dangling in front of us. I have NO FAITH in the leadership to do right by us in the future if they don't have to. Its a race to the bottom.

By the way,while I am personally in favor of a union, I don't want anything to change other than getting my pay,retirement,and cost of benefits in a contract. I am tired ofthe cost of my benefits going up,wages staying flat,and retirement package in LIMBO.

I like working here and I like almost everyone I work with,including the managers. I especially like my SCM, I think he is stand up guy. I don't want to QUIT and go work somewhere else, I just want things to be better here for all us drivers and other paid by the hour types, financially that is because otherwise,I don't have any complaints.

dont take this personally, but....you might want to change your avatar.....just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll keep it. The Gadsden flag was created long before there were labor unions in the United States and has nothing to do with any of the discussion going on in this thread.

Radman, I was working on post for you, but but my cat stepped on my PC's reset button, so I'll have to submit it again when I have time.

Okay, most of you know how I feel... And I am not trying to persuade any of you of what beliefs are. Personally after talking to a few people at different barns, my conclusion is this:

There are 3 groups of people here. Not everyone will fit this description.

New Hires. At some barns it seems that a good percentage worked at a convience store before they came here. So they are happy making $18/hr. Which tells me they don’t want to rock the boat.

Median Employees. People that have 3 to 8 years tenure. Either your for the union or your not.

Senior Employees. That are ready to retire between 6 months to 2 years. They don’t want to loose what they have coming to them.

I am sure some of the people I described would vote yes. But, I guess we aren’t starving enough yet.

I think the teamsters represent a signigant threat to the way this company operates in the future as well. The folks running the show will have to think twice before they bend us over a barrel again. What promoses should we wait for the company to deliver on in the futere??? Our 401k is just about the only carrot they have dangling in front of us. I have NO FAITH in the leadership to do right by us in the future if they don't have to. Its a race to the bottom.

By the way,while I am personally in favor of a union, I don't want anything to change other than getting my pay,retirement,and cost of benefits in a contract. I am tired ofthe cost of my benefits going up,wages staying flat,and retirement package in LIMBO.

I like working here and I like almost everyone I work with,including the managers. I especially like my SCM, I think he is stand up guy. I don't want to QUIT and go work somewhere else, I just want things to be better here for all us drivers and other paid by the hour types, financially that is because otherwise,I don't have any complaints.

You forgot about something. In @ the last 4 or 5 years we didn't get a raise. One we got didn't count because they raised our insurance.