TForce | Victory for all Overnite workers and Teamsters!

So whats happening OVNT says no union UPS says whatever

so after everything is said and done,about this organizing issue where are we UPS Freight haulers at?

Overnite has always made it very clear they don't want any outside representation,yet UPS doesn't seems to care either way?

There are issues that could be taken care of without being organized but they haven't been?

The Teamsters have always said we'd be better off with their help.

Are we pawns in all of this?
If so who makes the next move?

Apostolic said:
so after everything is said and done,about this organizing issue where are we UPS Freight haulers at?

Overnite has always made it very clear they don't want any outside representation,yet UPS doesn't seems to care either way?

There are issues that could be taken care of without being organized but they haven't been?

You noticed this too???? My question is who is playing who??? It kind of feels liking playing both sides against the middle....

my question is why are'nt we holding the union's feet to thr fire on this....great, if we do go ,why don't we get the best deal for us regarding how our years will go towards pension vesting,make sure we don't all start at day 1 and give up vacation time....there's a whole host of issues that I would like addressed before I sign

stldude44 said:
Johnnyboy,
You're wishfull thinking again. This is a major development in the process of getting UPSF in the Teamsters. The door has been opened.......sign those cards....you'll be glad you did.

Sign the cards! This will be much easier than going through an election at each barn.

:bgroovy:

Johnnybegood said:
Wishful thinking......This will be a lot harder than you guys think.............

Not really....you sign the cards the union is in.......LATER.....if not represented the way you want, you then have an election to vote the union out, which is easier to obtain.....beleive in yourself for once....you have several options if the representation does not come to you!.......KK

getting rid of a union once it's in is like scraping dog sh#t off a shoe.....you can scrape all you want but the smell lingers for a long time

Apostolic said:

Overnite tells us we got a big raise yet we take home less money.

UPS makes a ton O money with Union workers, who have no compliants.

the next move seems clear.

VOTE YES

bad habit said:
getting rid of a union once it's in is like scraping dog sh#t off a shoe.....you can scrape all you want but the smell lingers for a long time
Thats your opinion. You know what they say about opinions I'm sure. Wash your upper lip and things might smell better
Thats my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

so tell me froggy...how easy is it to vote out a union.....not opinion but fact.......by the way I thought we were'nt supposed to get personal when posting......if the moderators start, it's gonna be open season in here

bad habit said:
my question is why are'nt we holding the union's feet to thr fire on this....great, if we do go ,why don't we get the best deal for us regarding how our years will go towards pension vesting,make sure we don't all start at day 1 and give up vacation time....there's a whole host of issues that I would like addressed before I sign
To me this is vital...I am at zero either way but for you all they have alot to prove...And those things have to brought up and held with determination....

Steve5,

4 Days Ago
steve5
Watch your 6 Join Date: Apr 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter
Doesn't matter to me you teamsters want a be have a long road ahead of you. I'll be holding my side to.
Quote:
Originaly posted by steve5
You are a very angry person. The only hate and insults are coming from the non-union side. Whatever your angry about I would hope you won't bring it to work, and if you do I feel sorry for your fellow workers. With this kind of anger we will never unite as one workforce.

FM

steve5 said:
I will make it simple for you familyman, here's a few questions I have for you.

a.Which part of your original post that went over my head and I did not get?

b.You were not trying to be disrespectful with your post #78 4th sentance, what did you mean?

if you would have answered these it would have never gone this long.
Quote post 78 4th sentence
FM said
Do what you will, as long as you guys keep fighting feuding and arguing ALL the rest are working on the same page to move further down the road.......... good luck.

And thanks for making it simple as us simple minded (not dumb or childish) appreciate it.
FM

Skeeter said:
I do think however they should have more moderators that wasn't just pro union maybe just a couple that are pro nonunion. LOL!

There are several here that are pro nonunion as you put it, myself I see the good and the bad in both, the co nd the unions, some would like to beleive that the co is perfect and others that the union is, reality is that all things have fault, even you and I.
The question lies in what is the best in the current situation that you face? As an outsider looking in and rom what I've read and heard from actual emloyees and given the dynamics involved of being owned by UPS and the Teamsters stance it seems logical to me that unionization would be best for all as a way to move on and work together as one to take on the competition, of course not FXF cause you and I know they are not part of that.:rolleyes:
I think that is your main problem with me is you beleive I m pro-union and you seem to be definately anti union. The truth is I'm pro what ever works, whether that be union or not, I have had discussions with several union guys here over the years and they know where I sit, too bad all has been lost several times or you could go back and read some of our "debates"
I've worked union and non, for good co's and bad, there are some I would not work for without the union, even though I've had issues with how they handle things or don't address things sometimes it's the lessor of two evils.

FM

Familyman said:
Quote post 78 4th sentence
FM said
Do what you will, as long as you guys keep fighting feuding and arguing ALL the rest are working on the same page to move further down the road.......... good luck.

I guess I can accept this as an answer, I was more Intrested about the further down the road part.

And thanks for making it simple as us simple minded (not dumb or childish) appreciate it.
FM

I see your still angry about what was posted a few days ago, I've moved on. I think to keep this going would be childish, what do you think.

Familyman said:
Too funny, now your NOT calling me childish......... lol.

I have no anger, only amazement.

FM
That's not what I meant Let me rephrase this, We would be childish to continue..... meaning I would be also.